Monday, January 17, 2011

Slowly but surely...progress!

I was sitting here thinking that it has been a while since my last blog entry so I decided to add another post.  I have a hard time trying to think of things to blog about...I really thought this would be easier...

For Christmas I got the Wii Fit Plus (From Santa of course!!!).  I had been talking about getting on so that I could do some sort of workout without having to join a gym and be out in the heat during the summer.  I know that is terrible but I can not stand the heat outside...anyway...I have found that I really enjoy the aerobics and balance games on the Wii...and I try to make sure I do it atleast 3-4 times a week, even though my goal is to do it daily.

I told myself I would only weigh in on a weekly basis...and I was not impressed with the first 2 weigh ins - I actually gained weight...and was very disappointed and discouraged.  When I weighed this week I have lost 5 pounds...and I know it is probably mainly water weight and ONLY 5 pounds....I am very happy with seeing the lower number!   

If you have never used the program it give you a 'body test' and one you do all of the required activities it tells you your "Wii Fit Age" and the closer you are to your actual age (or the lower) the better "in shape" you are...I have taken my Wii Fit Age from 40 to 32 in three weeks....so that has to could for something right...lol

I have been watching what I eat and the portions along with the exercise so hopefully as I build endurance I will be able to do more and more. 

Jared love the Wii Fit...he actually calls it "The Exercise Game" and wants to play it all the time.  He does not understand all the coordination with the games but he gives them all his best shot and looks forward to the end when he get his "golden stars" from each game.  I have never seen a kid laugh so much while he is playing.  I think his favorite game is the soccer game where he is suppose to hit the soccer balls with his head...but he had much rather laugh when he gets hit with the shoes!!!

Well, I have nothing else to really say right now so I am gonna go do laundry...I know this was a boring post but I thought I would update my blog...still working towards updating this weekly...I will try to find something more interesting to post about next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment